Death by Peanut: Are You About to Die?

Death by Peanut:  Are You About to Die?

I just got stung by a bee and nearly died.  It was excruciating.  I was in a world of pain and misery for a week.  It might happen to you too. This actually wasn’t as bad as I’m making it sound, but it easily could have been.  Teen allergies are at an all time high. Right now, there are kids who might die if they get stung by a bee and they have no idea. The reason that this is happening is because kids are too clean. The kids aren’t going outside when they are younger, which causes their immune system to not function properly.

According to Dr. Leigh Vinocur he states “we are being too clean” . “We’re essentially creating allergies for ourselves” . Moms now want to make sure their kids have no dirt on them and are always clean, that causes the kids immune system to not be built up by getting sick at a early age. It is ok to be clean but sometimes you can’t be to clean cause that could cause problems. Moms now want their kids so clean but little do they know they are causing their kid to get even more sick. So today we interviewed kids about their allergies.

Q. when did you find out you where allergic?

A. I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Q What happens when you eat them?

A. I get hives all on me and my throat closes.

Q.Do you have a epi pen and what age did you get it?

A. Yes. I got it when I was 5 years old.

Q. How do you avoid it?

A. I try not to expose myself and I only get sick if I ingest it.

Q. Could you die if you ate it?

A. Yes because my throat closes.

Other students have it worse.  A student who wishes to remain anonymous says she “is so allergic to peanuts that when she touches a little crumb she has to get rushed to the hospital.” This proves that even when you think you are being safe by making your child really clean you really are making them have more allergies.